Just About Anything

Friday, August 22, 2008

A long time coming

It has been a very long time since I have written, so, this will be just something to update what I have been up to. In the past couple years, I have gone from being an assistant manager at a retail store to the manager of the same store and am now unemployed. I am looking, but will not go back into retail. After 20+ years in that field, I'm done. So, for the time being, I am a full time caregiver for my mom who is 85 years old and is in very failing health. This is the way it needs to be and I am sure that this is not going to change in the very near future. If something great comes around, yes, I will take it and mom will again have people coming in to stay with her. But, I will not take just any job. It will have to be what I'm looking for before I will take it. I have also begun to write the book that I have been thinking about for many years. I am having a problem getting the research tools I need and am having to invest more money than I had hoped, but, I will get it back in the long run, I'm sure. If it works out, I'm going to contact the local newspaper as well and see if I can do a column for q&a for the craft I'm writing about. They've already seen my writing skills with at least one editorial that I've had published. Wish me luck with this endeavor. I'm hoping to have the book finished by Christmas and ready for publication.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home