Just About Anything

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mother's Day Remembered

Oh! To have a wonderful mother's day. I worked this mother's day and that was fine, because I chose to do so. My son is in New Mexico and my daughter is still with me and had already given me a great present for my use. A digital camera. My mother was with my sister in Philadelphia and wouldn't be back til later on mother's day. So why not work and allow someone else whose family was available to take advantage of the day. I had my mother's day celebration with my mom today when we took her out to dinner. She seemed to enjoy it and was given everything she wanted to eat. So it was worth it.

I wonder who actually started the mother's day celebration? I will be right back. I must find out where and when it started. Well. Click the link to find out more about mother's day's history.

http://wilstar.com/holidays/mothers.htm

If you've read what was on this link, then you realize that it started long ago and is a wonderful thing to celebrate. I know that there are many days when I could kill my mother as I'm sure she could likewise do to me. But, my mom is one of the most important people to me and that's as it should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home