Just About Anything

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Old Classic Movies

Have you ever noticed how easy it is to watch old movies over and over again? I tend to watch the Turner Classic Movie Channel all the time. It seems that no matter how many times I've seen the movies that are on, I'll watch them again. I think I was born in the wrong era. I see myself in the place of many of the stars in these movies and feel that they should be the story of my life. All of them put together would be the greatest adventure of all time.

My very favorite of all are the musicals with Frank Sinatra or Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire or the likes. They've always been my favorites. I don't know why I didn't follow that dream when I attended college and became a music teacher in school. I play a number of instruments and could play many more if I put my mind to it and could really do a good job teaching and getting kids interested in music if given the chance. But I guess I thought it was a dead end profession. My bad.

My intention is to learn as many instruments as I can before I die and even if I can't play them to perfection, it will be special that I can at least play them. I also hope to pass this love for music on to my grandchildren if possible. It is so important to me to let them realize the potential there can be in music. I've found that there is very theraputic value in music as well as the feeling of personal acheivement. Self-esteem is built through music. Discipline is also a by-product of music. Relaxation is one of the greatest benefits of music. And when you can present the music yourself, it is even more relaxing.

So if you are interested in something, please learn from this lesson. Pursue it. Don't let it go by the wayside just because you may not think it is lucrative. Dreams are the most important things in your life. From your dreams, come your life. Take care to follow the dreams you have and perhaps your life will be all you wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home